"Right in his Belly!"


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WHAT THEY SAY

I knew if I just hung back and tried to cover myself he'd pick me apart with his fists. So I did the bold, foolish thing and rushed him. At least that way I had a chance to get lucky. And the next thing I felt was like a cannonball fired into my belly.


My mouth flew open. "OOUFF!!"

My eyes fell and I saw his tendoned forearm holding his clenched fist deep in my stomach. A loud grunt rolled from my throat. Tim's fist pulled out. "Can't breathe ... can't breathe," my mind was pulsing. But out loud I was not speaking at all. Just groaning out long, low belly-ache moans.

But the worst of it was the girls. They were laughing. Sitting on the couch with their arms around one another and laughing. Genevieve laughed out loud and Skye said, "Oh, right in his pot belly."


"Nice punch," Genevieve agreed. "Right in the stummik!"

I just stood there, trying to press my knees up against my aching stomach, which of course was impossible while I was still standing, but I couldn't help it. I was pure reflex. The result was that I kept lifting one leg, then the other, till I was tip-toeing in place, with a wide-eyed face.

"Look!" Gen pointed at me. "He's doin' a belly-ache dance." Skye tossed her hair back and laughed.

Tim proceeded to show off for these bare-bellied princesses by using my stomach for a punching bag.

He pushed me back and I fell into the wall.

I heard Skye call out, "Hit his belly!" and then a second later I felt another punch pound my stomach.


I OOUFF-ed from my punched belly. And now Tim was truly showing off, because he followed through the punch with some martial arts spin move that left him standing with his back to me, right under my outstretched arm, and his elbow jabbed back into the pit of my stomach.

UUUUUHH!! My poor belly had never known such suffering. I clapped my hands over my bare belly and howled. Then I made pathetic empty noises with my wide-open mouth as I desperately tried to find my stomach muscles and breathe.

The girls seemed to find this highly interesting. Even satisfying.

"Hey, wimp," Skye called out. "Is that the best you got? You're gettin' your belly beat!"

But Genevieve pretended to feel sorry for me. "Ah, leave him alone. He can't take it in the stummik!" Then she looked at Tim. "Come on, hit the pot-bellied wimp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment