"Right in his Belly!"


Thursday, January 5, 2012

ANOTHER BELLYJOBBER MOMENT

by Belly Boy

I'm a part-time stuntman who moonlights as a professional wrestling jobber -- my specialty in both professions is "bellypunch: taker."

One day I get a call for a wrestling job in the next county. It's with a pretty big federation. They even have their own TV show. Cool! I accept the contract before I discover the details. My opponent is to be the reigning king of the ring, the vicious "heel" bad-boy wrestler they call "School Yard Bully."

And it's going to be a total belly-punch squash job for me. But worse, for my pride, it isn't even in a ring. It happens during the taping of the pre-match interviews, right there on camera, in a room.

We're both on camera, in the studio. Bully is ranting about the pitiful quality of the "opponents" the league sends him. He's building up his game, you see, weaving his plot. I don't even matter. I'm just an accessory. But to prove his point about the weakness of the opponents he's been getting, he belly-whomps me right there and drops me to my knees.

And as he rants, periodically, he hauls me up off the floor and beats my belly some more for emphasis. I'm nothing more than visual flourishes for his egotistical rant. But those flourishes cost me a belly-wimp humiliation-beating.

And of course he has a female sidekick/valet/love interest, and of course she's there, and of course she cheers it all on, and of course she turns out to be also the fed president, and the one who scouted and contracted me for this job.

Yes, right on the air, right on TV all over the southeast, and recorded on tape for constant replay, edited down to its most belly-busting moments.

8 comments:

  1. i would like to get a job like that can you tell me how to apply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that used to be my favorite thing in wrestling, back in the 70's-80's the wrestlers didn't look like the ones today, muscle men, back then the majority had a belly or at least more than now. And I lived for those big fat bellied jobber,cause you knew he was going to get punched in the stomach. My favorite was when the fat boy got whipped into the ropes and came running back only to get a big fist punched in his stomach, that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Pro wrestling that I used to see on TV regularly featured such "fights." Where a strong, or vicious (or both) heel worked over a soft-bellied jobber while taunting him and humiliating him in front of the audience. The point was to showcase what a bad-ass he was. It was a message meant to be seen. And some poor pot-bellied boy had to get in the ring and get his stomach handed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooof! You aren't kidding, the bushwhackers were known for that, they always seemed to have two fat boys to beat up, they're finishing move was a big head but in the stomach and the soft bellied jobber would be on the ground holding his belly! Could you imagine being in front of all those people, and getting punched in the stomach? They say wrestling is fake, but I've seen some real belly punches, I know if I was in the ring and some muscle guy socked me in my fat doughy stomach I wouldv'e buckled right over, my mushy belly can't take a punch, and the crowd would get a belly jobber show for real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember a match from late 1970s, have no idea now who was in it. Two big, beefy heels teamed up on one wimp jobber. One guy got him back-to-back, hooked his elbows with his own arms, then stood upright and leaned forward, so the jobber, as if strapped to his back, was lifted off his feet and exposed, belly-out, to the other thug. The second guy then laid into his stomach with punches. I always thought that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooof! That move would've done me in, being used as a jelly belly back pack, and having my stomach rearranged that wouldve been it !! Also I remember a match between dick murdock and the big bossman when he was first starting out, and dick murdock had big boss man tied in the ropes and just started punching him in his fat stomach, and he was just ooofing all over the place just giving it up! After that I always tried to catch the big bossmans matches.

      Delete
    2. oh I would love to have a clip of that to show my wife. The "get your arms tangled in the ropes" move was a belly-jobber specialty.

      Delete
    3. Ooof! You better watch out bellypunch, you show your wife a clip like that she might just punch you in your fat stomach!! At least my would, but my wife dosent need any coaxing, she doubles me over with a punch in my fat belly all the time!! We do this thing where one of us " gets smart" and the punishment is a fist in the stomach! Like the other night I was in the kitchen, and I got smart with her, and she came in and said " you gettin smart with me fatboy?" and buried her fist right in the pit of my stomach, and I doubled right over oooof! And when I straighten up I told her what if I am, and she gave me the old 1-2right in the belly, oup, oup, and I buckled over again , then I finally gave up, she knows my jelly belly can't take much!

      Delete